The following are useful forms, policies, and links intended for ANSER Center research affiliates.
- Northwestern TRAVEL POLICY AND PROCEDURES NU policy guidelines for those submitting reimbursement (Expense Reports) for travel.
- ANSER CENTER TRAVEL CHECKLIST
- Northwestern PURCHASING AND PAYMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURES NU policy guidelines for those placing orders through iBuy, plus Non-Catalog orders, P-card, capital equipment.
- Northwestern Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- ANSER Center Purchase Order Form Use for Non-Catalog Orders.
Purchasing Capital and Fabricated Equipment
- Capital Equipment (orders > $5,000). The following questions must be answered and provided to “Requestor” when purchasing capital equipment (>$5,000):
- Name of person responsible for the equipment (First name AND Last name)
- Location of equipment (building name AND room number)
- Description of system or item being purchased. (e.g. microscope, freezer, laser, etc..) What is the name of the system or item?
- If there are multiple items on the invoice, do any of them join together to form one *component system or do they all work on a stand-alone basis? If a system is included in the invoice, which items form the system?
- Capital Equipment (orders > $25,000):
- Sole Source Justification Form To be used when the product/service is the only one that will meet the Center’s need/requirement and can only be purchased from one source.
- Bid Documentation Form To be used is there is no Preferred Vendor for the product/service needed; bids must be solicited from at least three vendors.
- Fabricated Equipment Policy: An item of equipment that is built or assembled from individual parts by a PI and/or other sponsored project personnel. When a completed item of fabricated equipment has an aggregate cost of $5,000 or more it is considered capital equipment.
Kronos, Time Reporting for Exempt Staff
These documents are for recording monthly time-off for postdocs/research associates. Deadline is 6th day of the following month.